Royal Society Pairing Scheme 2019
Applications for the Royal Society Pairing Scheme 2019 are now open
This annual scheme pairs UK Civil Servants with a talented UK based research scientist for a week in Westminster in November 2019.
The scheme aims to:
- expand networks,
- improve your knowledge of the research landscape
- and share how the research community can support you in your day to day work.
The week is aimed at Civil Servants, particularly policy makers, of any grade across government and includes a program of sessions and workshops to learn more about the processes of parliament and the science research and advice landscape.
By the end of the scheme you will:
- Have direct links with practising talented research scientists and external science organisations.
- Understand the process of scientific research within government and externally,
- Understand how to access and use this knowledge to inform discussions and decision making.
This scheme is an opportunity to use your allocated learning and development days.
The week in Westminster (25th - 28th November):
- You will need to be free to meet your pair at a networking reception in Westminster on the afternoon of Monday 25th November, and arrange for them to shadow you at work for Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th
- On Thursday 28th November you will have the chance to attend learning and development workshop sessions.
- You may wish to invite colleagues in your team to share the shadowing responsibility on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th.
You are encouraged to organise a reciprocal visit to join them at their place of work in the following months.
You can read about the experiences of a past participant here on the GSE blog
To apply for the scheme, visit the Royal Society Pairing Scheme website.
For more information, email: GSE@go-science.gov.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th June.
Sign up to the GSE blog to receive an email when a new blog is published and keep up to date with the work of the GSE profession.