Why be a champion?
- You will be an ambassador for the profession, championing the importance of Government Science and Engineering in your department
- It’s flexible, you can decide how much of your time to allocate to it according to your needs
- It counts as a corporate contribution: 5 days a year L&D, or 3 days volunteering
- You will have access to bespoke L&D activities
- Your opportunity to network with other champions across government
What will champions do?
- Engage in STEM outreach activities as required, with STEM Ambassador training available
- Build a GSE community within your department, working with HoSEPs as required:
- Organise your own GSE events - use them to showcase your work, set up networking opportunities, registration drives etc.
- Build a GSE community space on your intranet - share news, events & L&D opportunities
- Communicate across GSE, write an article for our GSE blog & share your departmental news
- Discuss it with your line manager
- Make sure you’re registered with the GSE
- Contact the GSE Team: GSE@go-science.gsi.gov.uk