Why be a Champion?
- You will be an ambassador for the profession, championing the importance of Government Science and Engineering in your department
- It’s flexible — you can decide how much of your time to allocate to it according to your needs
- It counts as a corporate contribution: 5 days a year L&D, or 3 days volunteering
- You will have access to bespoke L&D activities
- Your opportunity to network with other Champions across government
What will Champions do?
- Engage in STEM outreach activities as required, with STEM Ambassador training available
- Build a GSE community within your department, working with HoSEPs as required:
- Organise your own GSE events — use them to showcase your work, set up networking opportunities, registration drives etc.
- Build a GSE community space on your intranet — share news, events and L&D opportunities
- Communicate across GSE, write an article for our GSE blog and share your departmental news
- Commit to the GSE Diversity and Inclusion pledge
For a taste of the sort of opportunities Champions can get involved in, take a look at previous newsletters that were circulated to the network:
How do I become a Champion?
- Discuss it with your line manager
- Make sure you’re registered with the GSE profession
- Contact the GSE Team: GSE@go-science.gsi.gov.uk
Download and share the GSE Champions role postcard