Want to join a team to support in making a difference?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!
This is your chance to create a real impact and contribute to work at the heart of supporting the Government Office for Science (GO-Science).
We are looking for a candidate with strong organisational and time-management skills. With a "can-do" demeanour. The individual will be a proactive teammate who can meet the demands of working in uncertain but exciting circumstances. We have two EO Support Officer positions available working with the Grade 7 Head of Disclosure and Analysis. This will include participating in both the disclosure and analysis and broader Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) workstreams.
The successful candidate will join a department that prides itself on equality and diversity. We are a multifaceted team, supporting GO-Science in responding to the analysis and disclosure of requests made to the department. There will opportunities to get involved in other workstreams, and we’ll support your development.
• Support the delivery of interventions to aid disclosure when required.
• Maintain key resources such as our partner matrix, contact lists and reference library.
• Delivery of specific projects, for example the development of events timelines.
• Develop guidance and training material for GO-Science staff and SAGE participants.
• Support activities in response to public and parliamentary scrutiny mechanisms, such as Freedom of Information requests and select committee hearings.
• Run our team's specific mailbox ensuring service levels are adhered to and maintained.
• Champion KIM processes and practices across the teams.
• Candidate will have strong communication and influencing skills, a good ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships and the ability to make sense of, translate and apply technically and legally sophisticated information.
• Excellent organisational skills and the resilience to work in and adapt to a fast-paced environment are essential to this role.
• Working at pace, handle contending priorities and deliver high standards of quality in every work area is a key aspect of the role.
Please click here for the full job description