This blog post is a collection of vacancies, events and learning and development opportunities for people working in Government Science and Engineering.
Vacancy: Grade 7 Safety Assessor (Toxicologist) - Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD)
The vacancy is based in Addlestone, Surrey. The core work of this post is to assess the user, consumer and environmental safety data submitted in support of national and European applications for pharmaceutical products and feed additives. Full details including salary are available on Civil Service Jobs.Closing date for applications is 18 December. The VMD contact is Jo Gough firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancies: Electronic Design Engineer (HSO) and Senior Electronic Design Engineer (SSO) - CAST
CAST are recruiting Electronic Design Engineers (SSO and HSO) to join the Electronics Workshops at Sandridge. Applications are invited from experienced Engineers with at least a 2:2 Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or a relevant degree with a strong electronics design element. Details can be found on the Civil Service Jobs site. The closing date for both vacancies is Friday 6th January, 2017.
Vacancies: Office for Security and Counter Terrorism (OSCT)
These posts are all within the Science and Technology OSCT team. The point of contact is: email@example.com
- Strategic Defence and Security Review Initiative on Horizon Scanning Lead (Grade 7). The post holder will lead the Home Office's involvement in the new cross-government team responsible for developing and implementing the Innovation and Research InSights (IRIS). This is a brand new role, so the post holder will have considerable scope to innovate and be creative in how this work is taken forward. Closing date 9th December.
- Explosives, Aviation Security and International Engagement (Grade 7). Responsibilites include leading on the S&T programmes for explosives and aviations security and leading on the OSCT S&T's international strategy. Regular travel to Paris and Brussells required. Closing date 9th December.
- Firearms and Budget Manager - Maternity Cover January - October 2017 (Grade 7). Responsibilities include leading on S&T programmes for border security and firearms and leading on the implementation of the new CONTEST S&T proposals which seek to improve the coordination of CT S&T activity across government. Closing date 12th December.
Your opportuntity to contribute to the GSE blog
A reminder that the GSE Team are always looking for volunteers to contribute to the GSE blog. You can do this in two ways:
- By contributing to a GSE opportunities blog post. These are issued every two weeks and contain vacancies, events and learning and development opportunities that are of interest to the GSE community. Keep an eye on this blog for examples, but they should be a summary of no more than 100 words, with contact details or weblink and a closing date.
- By writing your own blog post. Topics can be anything that is of interest to GSE members. It should be informal in style and written by a named individual who wants to start a conversation with the GSE community. Consult current blog posts when deciding on length and tone of the post.
If you are interested in contributing to the blog in either of the ways outlined above, then please get in touch with the GSE team: GSE@go-science.gsi.gov.uk
Please note, we reserve the right to amend or reject submissions we do not feel meet our criteria.
Sign up to the GSE blog to stay up to date with the latest opportunities.