The Defence Nuclear Safety Committee (DNSC) is the primary source of independent advice to the Secretary of State for Defence on nuclear safety issues associated with the Defence Nuclear Programmes. It is an advisory non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Defence, and consists of a chair and 11 members from a diverse range of backgrounds in both the public and private sectors.
They are responsible for:
- providing unbiased, independent, expert advice to the Secretary of State for Defence and senior officials on all safety matters pertaining to the defence nuclear programme (and security and environmental issues, where such issues have the potential to impact upon nuclear safety)
- providing assurance about the soundness of the safety practices and safety management arrangements relevant to the defence nuclear programmes
Please note, both vacancies are is eligible for UK Nationals only. UK residency is also required.
Defence Nuclear Safety Committee (DNSC) - Nuclear Medicine - Member
- Knowledge of workforce and public health aspects of nuclear materials and ionising radiation
- Understand the basis of radiation protection and emergency planning
- Knowledge of the health basis of nuclear safety regulation
- Experience of working or influencing at a senior strategic level
- Understanding of the tolerability of risk to the workforce and public
- Fellow of an appropriate professional institute, medical or research experience.
Vacancy reference: 43196_DNSC_NM_MEMBER, Various; closing date: 11:55 pm on Monday 30th August 2021
Defence Nuclear Safety Committee (DNSC) - Nuclear Reactor - Member
- Highly experienced understanding of Pressurised Water Reactor design, manufacture and operations.
- Technical expertise in a field relevant to reactor technology, e.g. advanced manufacture, environmental degradation, thermal hydraulics, and/or structural integrity.
- Knowledge of nuclear fuel technology.
- Experience/understanding of the safety and licensing/authorisation of nuclear reactors under normal and fault conditions.
- Experience of risk management and performance indicators.
- Experience of working at, or influencing, a senior strategic level.
- Fellow of an appropriate professional institute.
Vacancy reference: 43202_DNSC_NRD_Member, Various; closing date: 11:55 pm on Monday 30th August 2021
Do you have an opportunity to share?
If you would like to publicise an opportunity in the next GSE Opportunities blog post, please send a summary of no more than 100 words with contact details or a link and a closing date to: email@example.com