To support you in your career, the GSE profession has a range of resources available to members. These can be found in the GSE profession’s employee value proposition (EVP) document.
These resources have been produced and collected to provide you with all the information you need to help you perform at your best. These resources cover:
- learning and development
- equity, diversity and inclusivity
- networking and engagement
An EVP is the unique set of benefits that an employee receives in return for the skills, capabilities, and experience they bring to a company, or in this case, to the profession. A strong EVP will help ensure the civil service is able to attract and retain the best science & engineering talent to ensure decision marking in government is as thorough as possible.
Some of the offers outlined include:
- GSE Career Framework – This document supports people in government working in areas related to science or engineering, recruiting into those roles, or who have a science or engineering background. The framework describes the skills and roles that scientists and engineers hold within government.
- GSE Returners Pack – The pack targets a mid-career audience e.g. parents or carers re-entering the workplace on a full or part-time basis; or those who already have some of their career years under their belt and may never have thought of a career in government science and engineering, but would like to in future.
- Science & Engineering 101 (S&E101) - This learning suite is designed to upskill everyone in government, including those without a science or engineering background, on core scientific and engineering techniques. It includes:
- GSE Induction pack – introducing you to our profession offer and the wider science and engineering community across government.
- GSE learning signposting hub – providing introductory science and engineering learning opportunities including learning on systems thinking, futures thinking and on intellectual property. The GSE Learning signpost hub is available on GOV.UK here.
The GSE profession’s EVP successfully communicates all the profession’s initiatives, products, and services available to members. There are links that signpost members to the each and every GSE offer, with plans to update the document in line with updates. If you would like to access the offers outlined in the EVP you can join the GSE Profession here.