This role is offered by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
The International Technology Department (ITD) works to protect and enhance the UK’s strategic advantage in technology, and champion the free, responsible, secure and resilient development and use of technology internationally. Through this work, it bolsters the UK’s international tech influence, boosting the economic benefits which technology brings, and promoting democracy, stability, personal freedom and privacy internationally.
- Lead the FCDO’s work to build high ambition technology partnerships with strategically important nations, including developing countries.
- Enable a coordinated, strategic and active role in multilateral institutions to ensure norms and standards develop in line with our values and principles.
- Build FCDO capability enabling the overseas network to utilise and enhance UK technology strengths.
- Lead FCDO policy thinking on critical and emerging tech.
- Work across HMG to show leadership on international tech, ensuring international policy priorities are integrated into sector strategies, and guiding and shaping engagement with the tech sector.
You will be part of the senior leadership for the Technology and Analysis Directorate, shaping and supporting its development.
For more details, see the full job advert.