Do you want to have the opportunity to:
- Expand networks
- Improve your knowledge of research in government
- Discover how the research community can support you in your day-to-day work.
Then the Royal Society Pairing Scheme is for you!
This annual scheme pairs UK Civil Servants with a talented UK based research scientist for a week in Westminster in March 2023.
The week is aimed at Civil Servants, particularly policy makers, at grade HEO and above across government and includes a program of sessions and workshops to learn more about the processes of parliament and the science research and advice landscape. You will be paired with a researcher related to your policy area.
This is a great opportunity to:
- Have direct links with research scientists and science organisations
- Find out about scientific research within government and externally
- Understand how to access and use this knowledge
The week in Westminster (27th – 31st March):
- You will need to be free to meet your pair at a networking reception in Westminster on the afternoon of Monday 27th March and arrange for them to shadow you at work for Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th
- On Thursday 30th March you will be invited to attend learning and development workshop sessions.
- You may wish to invite colleagues in your team to share the shadowing responsibility on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th.
- On the morning of Friday, the 31st you will attend a meeting with SCS to share your experiences of the scheme.
This scheme is an opportunity to use your allocated learning and development days.
To register your interest and receive a short application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: February 6th 12:00pm