Do you want a job where every day is different?
Does providing specialist construction advice about explosives, weapons, ballistics & counter terrorism sound exciting?
If your answer is yes, then DIO is the place for you.
Working for DIO and joining an integral part of the UK’s Defence will allow you to support several diverse and unique projects daily. Recently, £200M has been invested into infrastructure to enable the state of the art F-35 Lighting II to take flight, whilst keeping the base full operational. These are once in a lifetime projects where your input can make a real difference.
The post holder will be accountable to the Head of the Weapons Effects on Structures (WES) team who holds technical responsibilities in the following 'Weapons Effects' subject areas:
• To represent MoD on legislative, industry and MoD committees.
• To produce & promulgate MoD Policy & technical standards
• To provide specialist input to works Projects in accordance with published Policy.
• To carry out research & development in support of the above.
• To carry out Audits & Assurance both internally to MOD and externally.
• To direct the work of specialist consultants.
• To maintain MoD’s specialist Library & records concerning weapon effects on building structures.
• To mentor and lead support staff when required.
You can find more information, such as the application process, here.