Every year, a number of vacancies become available on the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) advisory bodies and peer review panels. These bodies perform a vital function for STFC, providing advice and guidance that aids our strategic direction and supports our decision-making processes.
STFC cover funding for Frontier Science Programme core areas (the PPAN areas of particle physics, particle astrophysics, astronomy, and nuclear physics, alongside the accelerator science and computing programmes that accompany them) but also run Facilities and Advisory Panels, therefore, we interested in your expertise in different types of the main core areas where applicable.
Members have the opportunity to influence STFC’s strategy, policies, and funding decisions, as well as guiding STFC to develop the societal impact of our investments and best support our research and innovation communities. Members will also be able to expand their professional networks and explore a wide range of challenges related to investment in UK science and engineering.
Panels that are recruiting include:
- Advisory panel for public engagement
- Astronomy advisory panel (AAP)
- CERN fellowship panel
- DiRAC Resource Allocation Committee (DiRAC) – Particle Physics and Nuclear Theory Sub-Panel
- Education Training and Careers Committee
- Ernest Rutherford Fellowship
- Industrial CASE Panel Membership Call
- Industry and Business Partnership Board
- Innovation Board
- Life Sciences and Soft Materials Advisory Panel (LS&SMAP)
- Nuclear Physics Advisory Panel
- Nuclear Physics Grants Panel
- Particle Astrophysics Adviory Panel
- Particle Physics Advisory Panel (PPAP)
- Particle Physics Grant Panel (PPGP)
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Advisory Panel (PS&EAP)
- Projects Peer Review Panel (PPRP)
- Science Board
- Solar System Advisory Panel (SSAP)
- Technology and Accelerator Advisory Board.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15 May 2022. Find out more information on the UKRI site.