The UK Space Agency (UKSA) is an executive agency of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and provides technical advice on the government’s space strategy, supporting the UK space sector to deliver the government’s vision.
This is an opportunity to join the UK Space Agency as an Education and Outreach Officer. You'll be helping to deliver education and engagement initiatives that are integral to the success of agency.
More information about the Agency is available here.
To ensure successful delivery of a range of exciting, ambitious and inspirational education and engagement initiatives that are integral to the success of UK Space Agency programmes as set out in the Agency’s Education, Skills and Outreach Strategy. Deliver outcomes of the Education, Skills and Outreach Strategy by:
- Encouraging the uptake of STEM subjects through the use of space.
- Working with space education and advocacy groups to tell the exciting story of the UK space programme.
- Improving the quality and availability of teaching materials using space across the curriculum for primary and secondary schools and for colleges (mainly through the UK Space Education Resource Office (ESERO-UK).
- Supporting the Space Skills Lead and the Space Careers Lead to promote skills and careers in the space sector.
- Supporting general policy and administration for the Education Team.
The post holder is required to have a degree, preferably in a STEM subject, and ideally 3 years previous experience in the education and/or space sector.
Sift and Interview dates
- Sift dates: w/c 9th January 2023
- Interview dates: w/c 23rd January 2023
- Interview location: To be confirmed