The Government Science and Engineering (GSE) profession are offering its members access to a skills assessment tool designed to track their development, aid career conversations, and access relevant learning opportunities.
What is it?
The tool is cloud based and can be accessed through any browser. It is an interactive skills assessment tool available to all GSE members who want to take control of their professional development. The focus is your personal development, and using the tool is completely optional. It is there to help you think about your career aims, skills, and learning.
What can it offer you?
The skills assessment tool allows you to:
- stay connected to the GSE profession throughout your career;
- track your technical skills as a science or engineering professional against the GSE career framework, allowing you to easily assess how developed you are in each;
- add comments against each technical skill, designed to help you think about and record your personal evidence;
- track the development of skills that will help you achieve your career aims;
- access science and engineering related learning opportunities tailored to your development goals;
- record your learning and development objectives;
- capture your scientific or engineering specialisms.
Who is it for?
It’s for all scientists and engineers in government. You need to be a GSE member to get an account, so if you’re not yet a member, sign up here.
The tool helps:
- individuals to track their development and find learning opportunities;
- managers to help support their team’s development; and
- organisations to understand what skills and specialisms their people have.
How do I sign-up?
Please ensure you are a member of the GSE Profession before completing the Skills Assessment Tool. If you are not currently a member, please register here. If you are registered, you can complete the Skills Assessment Tool registration form here. We will then email you with your account details and guides for using the tool.
Get in touch with email@example.com if you any questions about any of this. We hope you enjoy!