Patrick Vallance will be speaking at a forthcoming event ‘A UK/US Discussion: Lessons from the Past and Joint Action on Pandemic Preparedness,’ on Tuesday, September 14, from 17:00 to 18:00
The COVID-19 pandemic has completely upended the international community. The US/UK scientific and research community played a critical role in the early days of the pandemic, leading to the extraordinary discoveries of new life-saving diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines. However, there is still uncertainty about what lies ahead in this pandemic, and what may come next. This event offers a chance to hear from leading figures in government, science, and business. They will discuss the critical role of US/UK research at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and ongoing efforts to distribute vaccines globally. They will share their perspectives on how the UK/US Joint Statement on Pandemic Preparedness and G7 commitments to future pandemic preparedness might be achieved through the 100 Days Mission.
- Sir Patrick Vallance, UK Government Chief Scientific Adviser
- Eric Lander, The President's Science Advisor and Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Pascal Soriot, Executive Director and CEO, AstraZeneca
- Prahlad Singh, President and CEO, PerkinElmer
- Rick Bright, SVP, Pandemic Prevention & Response, Health Initiative, The Rockefeller Foundation
The event is free, and you can Register here.